Thank you for your interest in raising money for Kids Cancer Care. Each year, hundreds of Albertans plan and attend events for our kids. Collectively these events raise more than one million dollars annually for programs for Alberta children and families effected by childhood cancer.. Our fundraising events are successful because of people like you!
We are so grateful to live in a community, a country, a world that cares. Every day, at Kids Cancer Care, we see people, families and companies make the decision to give back to help children and families affected by cancer. You can do pretty much anything to fundraise for Kids Cancer Care and we'll be there to support you every step of the way!
How You Can Help
Planning an event can be easy. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way!
1) Learn. The first-step is to learn about Kids Cancer Care and how to set yourself up for success! Take a few minutes and read our community fundraising kit.
2) Plan and Brainstorm. Decide how you want to raise funds! Is it a 10-K run? A lemonade stand? Golf Tournament? Stampede ho-down? Or ugly Christmas sweater party? The sky's the limit. Set a fundraising goal, date and location for your event. Start thinking about ways to make your event fun. Invite your friends. Bring music.
3) Register. Once you've nailed down the details of your event, share your plans by creating a personal page.
4) Get Going.
º Set goals
º Prepare a budget and timeline
º Create a checklist of tasks to be completed
º Spread the word
º Have Fun! Tell all your friends and family, teachers and colleagues about your event. Share your fundraising goal with them and invite them to consider supporting your fundraising event.
5) Finish strong. Right before your event, send one more reminder to your supporters asking for a donation and let them know how they’re making a difference.
6) Say thanks. After completing your event, give yourself a pat on the back for all your hard work! Now it’s time to thank your supporters for their contribution.
For more ideas on how to promote and organize your own fundraising event or for help registering and donating online, contact us today!